Here I’d like to share an amazing Seicane 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit I’d installed in my car. I really love it for the great experience it brings to me after installation. If you also want to upgrade your driving experience, I’d say it’s an excellent choice for you. And I’d like to share a detailed installation guide about it for you.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
5. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a lever to release the decoration panel and remove the cigarette lighter.
3. Remove two screws under the 6-disc CD changer and take out the CD changer.
4. Remove the two screws marked with red arrows and pull out the CD player.
5. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
6. Connect the cables in the package.
a. Connect with the power cable in the car.
b. Socket for the speaker cable plug in the car.
c. Connect CAN-H, CAN-L with CAN-BUS
d. Connect CAN-TX.
7. Remove the baffle-plate under the assistant driver seat, connect the CAN-H, CAN-L cable (green)③ with the CAN-BUS socket marked in the picture.
8. Pry the decoration panel beside the driver’s seat, change fuse from 5A TO 10A.
9. Remove the screws for fastening the car pc in the left of the trunk.
10. Find the amplifier in the left of the trunk and remove the four screws marked with red arrows.
11. Remove the amplifier in the car.
12. Connect the speaker cable with the speaker socket ②.
13. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Above all, you need to make clear about every step before you start to install this 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit in your car. If there is any question, you can seek help from your dealer. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, it’s strongly suggested you ask a professional to install your new unit. If you are still looking for a suitable head unit for your car, I’d like to recommend an amazing 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit from Seicane to you. Please click for more details:
This modern 2001-2008 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 head unit comes with a big 9 inch HD 1280*480 multi-touch screenfor better display of the navigation as well as watching movies or videos. This system is running on Android 4.4.4 system and a R16 1.6 GHz Quad-core CPU, which ensures a faster and more stable operation for users than before. Thanks to the Bluetooth function, you can easily sync your phone to this head unit and make phone calls with your hands on the steering wheel. Wish you like it and have a great time with it! Good luck!