To enjoy the GPS function in your car, you can easily upgrade your factory radio with a multifunctional car stereo if there isn’t any navigation function in your car. You may think it too difficult to install a new stereo. In fact, it’s quite easy. And a detailed installation guide can be much helpful for you. The following is a step-by-step installation guide from Seicane particularly for a 2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit. With the same dashboard as below ,you can also take it as a reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit installation guide
1. Remove the top panel with a lever.
2. Disconnect the connector at the back of the panel.
3. Unscrew the screw with a screwdriver.
4. Remove the metal sheet on the top with your hands.
5. Unscrew two screws circled in red shown as follows under the metal sheet.
6. Remove the air conditioner vent with your hands.
7. Unscrew two screws under the vent with a screwdriver.
8. Remove the panel on the original car radio.
9. Unscrew four screws holding the original car radio with a screwdriver.
10. Take the original car radio out of the dash.
11. Disconnect all the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
12. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
13. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
14. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
15. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
16.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
17. Put everything into their original place.
Above all, you need to make clear about every step before you start to install this 2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit in your car. If there is any question, you can seek help from your dealer. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, it’s strongly suggested you ask a professional to install your new unit. If you are still looking for a suitable head unit for your car, I’d like to recommend an amazing 2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit from Seicane to you. Please click for more details:
This modern 2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit is a smart upgrade to your stock radio system. Guidance with the 3D GPS, you can go anywhere you like. You can also pair Bluetooth-enabled devices for hands-free calls and streaming from music or connect devices via the USB port to listen to your favorite playlists. With the ability to play DVD, DIVX,VCD, MP4, MP3,MP2 and CD, the audio DVD player with 8 inch digital touch screen is a smart choice to replace your existing radio system. Wish you have a wonderful time with this intelligent 2009-2013 VW Volkswagen BORA head unit on all your trips!