Did you upgrade your car radio before? If no, you may think it a little troublesome to remove your factory radio and install a new one. Actually, it’s quite easy to do that. With a detailed installation guide, you can easily achieve the removal and the installation. Here I’d like to share a step-by-step 1998-2009 VW Volkswagen T4 head unit installation guide from Seicane with you. If you have the same dashboard as the picture below, you can take it as a reference.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare removal keys before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2009 VW Volkswagen T4 head unit installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Insert four removal keys into the holes of the original car radio.
3. Gently take the original car radio out of the dashboard by pulling the removal keys as the following picture shows.
4. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
5. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
6. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
7. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
8. Turn on the new Seicane head unit to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
9.Put the new Seicane head unit into the dash.
10. Put everything into their original place.
Now can you understand all the steps for the installation of the 1998-2009 VW Volkswagen T4 head unit? If you have any question, please seek help from your dealer. If you don’t have enough experience to install it on your own, you can ask a professional to help you.
If you don’t have a suitable head unit for your car, I’d like to recommend an ideal 1998-2009 VW Volkswagen T4 head unit from Seicane to you. Here’s the link, please click:
With this great VW Volkswagen T4 head unit in your car, you can easily get to any unfamiliar location on time with the help of the most accurate GPS navigation system. The functionality of bluetooth enables you to wirelessly pair with your compatible mobile phone to make and receive hands-free calls so as to enjoy a safe and pleasant journey. Good luck to you!