Are you still searching for some methods to achieve the installation of a new gps nav head unit by yourself? Here is a detailed installation instruction for a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class W220 gps navigation system radio from Seicane. If you have a same vehicle type and are planning to make a head unit replacement for your beloved car, you cam refer to the following installation instruction.
Here are some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class W220 S280 S320 S350 S400 S430 S500 head unit installation instruction
1. Remove the original panel with a plastic knife, pry gently along the gap and pick up the panel, then remove it and then set it aside.
2. Remove screws that fixed the radio on the dashboard.
3. Pull the factory radio out of the dash. Pull it with medium force, as the wires are connected to the radio.
4. Unplug the connectors at the back of the factory radio.
5. Make antennas and cables connected step by step, and you should be very careful when you are doing this for it will affect whole procedure.
6. Put the new Seicane radio into your car, you should check whether your connections are correct, and you’d better have a tidy for the cables.
7. If everything is OK, firm screws into their original place.
8. Firm the panel on the new Seicane radio. Finally the new Seicane radio is installed and a comprehensive test should be conducted on the new radio.
Above is the whole installation instruction,wish you can get some help from it.If you cannot understand the steps, you’d better turn to your dealer for help or just directly arrange a professional to install it. Anyway, before the installation, please pay attention to the compatibility between your new head unit and your car. If you don’t have any idea, you can refer to a 1998-2005 Mercedes Benz S Class W220 gps navigation system radio from Seicane. For more details, please click:
The car radio is loaded with a powerful Android 5.1.1 operation system and a 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core CPU, which can provide you with a smoother and faster operation experience. With the guidance of the powerful 3D GPS navigation system of high precision, you are capable of reaching your ideal destinations accurately. Besides, its additional entertainment functions can please both you and your passengers in your car. Wish you like it and have a good day!