If you are going to upgrade your factory radio, it’d be easier for you to find a step-by-step installation guide to help you. If you own a 1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209, please look at the picture below, with the same dashboard, you can refer to the following 1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio installation instruction from Seicane. If it’s the first time for you to upgrade your factory radio, you’d better ask a professional for help.
Precautions for this installation:
1.Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2.Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3.Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Remove your shifter boot.
3. Remove the panel.
4. Release the plastic tabs, then remove two screws behind the plastic cover.
5. Remove the bottom plastic part.
6. Unscrew the screw holding the plastic panel.
7. Remove the plastic panel.
8. Remove the screw at the bottom plastic panel.
9. Unscrew the screw holding the bottom plastic panel.
10.Remove the bottom plastic panel.
11. Turn the vent panel up.
12. Remove the screws holding the vent panel.
13. Take the vent panel out of the dashboard.
14. Remove the panel covering the car original radio.
15. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the panel.
16. Remove the screws holding the original car radio.
17. Gently take the original car radio out of the dashboard.
18. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original car radio.
19. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane radio.
20. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
21. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
22. Put the new Seicane radio into the dash. Then turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
23. Put everything into their original place.
Can you understand all the installation steps for a 1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio? If not, please ask your dealer for help. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, you can have it installed by a professional. On the other hand, you need to find an ideal radio for your car. If you don’t have one, I’d like to recommend a wonderful 1998-2004 Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio from Seicane. For more details, you can click:
This intelligent Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio comes with a large 7 inch HD 1024*600 multi-touch screen for you to simplify the operation and enjoy a clearer viewing. With the 3D GPS navigation system built in, you can navigate to anywhere you’d like with the help of the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts. To simply link with your enabled mobile phone, this unit allow you to have hands-free calls and stream music, so that you can enjoy your driving with safety and relaxation.
Just go and enjoy a wonderful time with this Mercedes Benz CLK Class C209 radio on all your trips!