If you have a 1998 1999 2000 2001-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400 and plan to upgrade your factory radio, it will be a wise choice for you to remove your factory radio and install a brand new multifunctional car radio for your beloved car. And if you would like to have a general understanding of the factory radio removal and new car radio installation, you can refer to a related instruction. The following is a 1998 1999 2000 2001-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400 car radio installation instruction. Wish it is helpful for you to some extent.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
1998 1999 2000 2001-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400 car radio installation instruction
1. The original car radio.
2. Use a special plastic tool to remove the trim bazel.
3. Use a plastic remove tool to push up the heat vent.
4. Remove 2 hidden screws with a screwdriver below the vent.
5. Push down the vent and loose it.
6. Remove the trim panel with a plastic removal tool.
7. Remove 2 screws that are holding the car radio.
8. Take out the original car radio.
9. Unplug the connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
10. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
11. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
12. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original radio’s plugs.
13. Turn on the new Seicane car radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14. Put the new Seicane car radio into the dash.
15. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
That is all about how to remove the factory radio and install the new car radio for a 1998 1999 2000 2001-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400. If you have any doubts, you can contact your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Besides, it is essential for you to select an ideal car radio first of all. If you have no ideas, here I would like to share an excellent 1998 1999 2000 2001-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400 Bluetooth GPS car radio from Seicane with you. For more details, please click:
This car radio is running on the super advanced and stable Android 8.0 operation system and it comes with 8-core 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 CPU processor. Besides, it also has 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM. With it, you can enjoy its higher configuration and better performance.
Thanks to its high-end 3D GPS navigation function, wherever you are traveling, you can easily know your current locations and find the right way to reach any locations you would like to go to according to turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Additionally, this car radio’s dual zone function enables you to listen to radio, USB or SD card music playback.
Through the Bluetooth connection between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this car radio, you can get access to both Bluetooth hands-free phone calls and Bluetooth streaming music, which brings you more convenience and joyfulness.
Wish you like this unit!