To get an ideal car stereo, you can directly go to a cars stereo upgrade center to replace your factory radio with a new one or buy it on your own. With a lot of options in the market, more and more car owners prefer the latter. In that way, you need to install your new unit on your own. If you don’t know how to do it, you can ask a professional for help. Here is a step-by-step installation guide from Seicane for a Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit. Wish it can be helpful for you.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit installation guide
1. The original car radio.
2. Remove the panel by loosening the edges with your hands.
3. Disconnect all the connectors behind the panel, and put the panel aside well.
4. Unscrew the screws holding the original radio with a screwdriver.
5. Gently take the original car radio out of the dash.
6. Disconnect the connectors behind the original radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
10. Put the new Seicane radio into the dash. Then turn on the new Seicane radio to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
11. Put everything into their original place.
With such a step-by-step installation guide, can you install an intelligent Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit in your car? If not, it’s strongly suggested you have it installed by a professional. If you don’t understand any step during the whole process, you can consult your dealer. Besides, do you find a suitable unit for your car? If not, you can refer to this amazing Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit from Seicane, please click for more details:
Coming with special wiring harness, this Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit can be installed into your car without any gap. The built in bluetooth technology is ideal for you to link with your enabled mobile phone for hands-free calls and streaming music to keep safe and relaxed. With the turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts provided by the GPS navigation system, you can easily reach anywhere you’d like on time.
Enjoy your different driving experience with this remarkable Pontiac Montana SV6 head unit.Just have a wonderful time with it! Good luck to you!