If you are familiar with the image below, you might have the same dashboard in your car. If you want to upgrade your factory radio, you can read this passage carefully and you can learn how to upgrade the factory radio by yourself. In the next, I’d like to share a step-by-step installation guide for a 2013-2016 Toyota RAV4 head unit from Seicane to you for your reference.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1.Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2.Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3.Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4.Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5.Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6.Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7.For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2013-2016 Toyota RAV4 head unit installation guide
1. Begin your installation by removing the negative cable from the battery.
2. Remove the upper dashboard trim panel with a lever, set the panel aside once removed.
3. Pry the air conditioning vents gently which are on the left and right-hand sides of the factory touch screen unit away from the dashboard.
4. Pry the clock display gently and hazard lamp panel away from the trim panel and set it to the side.
5. Take four retaining screws attaching the factory unit to the dashboard out.
6. Softly remove the factory unit from the panel and lean it forward to gain access to the wiring harnesses on the reverse side.
7. Unplug the factory radio by pulling off the individual harnesses.
8. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
10. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
11. Put the new Seicane radio into your dashboard, you should check whether your connections are correct, the new unit is in right position, and you’d better have a tidy for the cables.
12. Check whether the new Seicane radio is working without problem.
13. If there is no problem, firm removed screws and bolts that are put aside, then make trim panel back on your new Seicane radio.
All above is the step-by-step installation guide for a 2013-2016 Toyota RAV4 head unit and wish you can install by yourself with this installation guide. If you still have any problem, you can go to the dealer or professionals ask for help. Besides, the first thing you have to do is check the new head unit whether can work well in your car. If you still looking for one, I have a great 2013-2016 Toyota RAV4 head unit from Seicane to share with you:
This 2013-2016 Toyota RAV4 head unit from Seicane is an amazing replacement for your factory radio. The performance to process the complicated database and a massive graphics is greatly improved by the upgraded Android 5.1.1 version and a powerful Quad-core CPU. To navigate to wherever you want is no longer a trouble to you with the accurate guidance provided by the GPS system of this unit. The Bluetooth to make hands-free calls and stream music so that you can have a safer driving and keep yourself and your passengers enjoyable all the way. Wish you have a good time with it!