If your factory radio cannot be compatible with many upgraded and brand new features, it strongly suggests you to quit it without hesitation and install an advanced car stereo. An upgraded car stereo can not only improve your in-car environment but also take your driving experience up a notch. Besides, it is easy to install a car stereo by yourself under a correct detailed guide. This article is mainly about how to upgrade a 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 double din car stereo. If you have a same or similar dashboard as followings, you may refer to it.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400 car stereo installation guide
1.The original car radio.
2.Use a special plastic tool to remove the trim bazel.
3. Use a plastic remove tool to push up the heat vent.
4.Remove 2 hidden screws with a screwdriver below the vent.
5. Push down the vent and loose it.
6.Remove the trim panel with a plastic removal tool.
7. Remove 2 screws that are holding the car radio.
8.Take out the original car radio.
9.Unplug the connectors and cables at the back of the radio.
10. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car stereo.
11.Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car stereo.
12. Connect the Seicane car stereo to your original stereo’s plugs.
13.Turn on the new Seicane car stereo to have a careful check if everything works well. If it doesn’t, please check whether all the cables are connected correctly.
14.Put the new Seicane car stereo into the dash.
15.Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Do you think the above installation guide is complicated for you to understand? If you meet with difficulties, you can seek advice from your dealer or ask a professional for help. But if you don’t know how to choose an ideal car stereo for your car, you can check out the following link which is about a 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 double din car stereo from Seicane, which can be taken as your reference.
This marvelous car stereo for 1998-2006 Mercedes Benz G Class W463 G550 G500 G400, armed with adigital HD 1024*600 multi-touch screen, will provide you more sensitive operation as well as better viewing effect. Thanks to the powerful 3D GPS navigation system in high precision, you can be led to your desired destinations anywhere and anytime. As to entertaining options, this unit allows you to play CDs, VCDs, Bluetooth music, FM/AM radio, videos, TV programs, which can bring you a lot of joyfulness when you have a long-time driving. Wish you like it and have a good time!