Installing a new 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 car stereo in your car to enjoy your favorite music, watch your favorite videos and listen to your favorite radio station while navigating to your desired destination sounds so cool, doesn’t it? Modern car stereos integrated a number of features in one unit definitely come with a lot of powerful capabilities to meet your needs and absolutely bring you an amazing driving experience. If you want this and are going to upgrade your factory radio, you can install it by yourself now with the following installation guide specially for a 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 car stereo. If you don’t have any experience on the installation of a new car stereo, you can also ask a professional technician for help.
Tips about the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
The below is the step-by-step instruction on how to install a 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 car stereo:
- Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
- Remove the air conditioner panel.
- Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
- Pull the buckles down.
- Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
- Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the DVD player.
7. Connect the cables of the new Seicane car stereo as the user manual shows.
8. Connect the ISO plug.
9. Put the new Seicane car stereo back into the dash.
10. Put the buckles back into its original place.
11. Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
12. Turn on the new Seicane radio and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Please don’t pull out the GPS SD card with the power on in case of data corruption.
Installation tips for the GPS antenna.
Please don’t shorten or lengthen the GPS antenna to avoid a short circuit or antenna problems. Please place the antenna on the dashboard or on the roof of the car in a horizontal position as best as possible. If there if any film on the windows and heat insulation in the car, it may have a direct effect on the GPS antenna, like positioning precision and signal intensity.
Wish the above instruction can give you a general idea on the installation. If you have any further questions during the process of the installation, it’s suggested you turn to your dealer for help. But if you don’t have a new car stereo now, I’d like to recommend a fantastic 2005-2012 Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 car stereo from Seicane to you:
The biggest advantage of this unit is that it can support a fiber optic decoder. If your car comes with Bose system and the year of your car is from 2005 to 2011, you can install a decoder to make your Bose system working after installing this car stereo. The decoder is plug and play, and you don’t need to modify or cut any wire of your car due to its easy installation. After installation, you can enjoy the high-quality sound in your car all the way. On the hand other, this car stereo is plug and play and easy to install if you don’t have a Bose system in your car.
It is built with a large7 inch 1024*600 HD multi-touch digital capacitive LCD screen, a RK3066 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Dual-core CPU and a Samsung DDR3 1GB RAM and 8G Nand flash, providing high configurations for you to enjoy better operation.
This unit can also get connected with WIFI wireless hotspots and support optional 3g dongle. You can easily get access to various online entertainment such as video, TV, movie, music, radio and online communication including YouTube, Twitter, MSN, Facebook and other services.
The 3D GPS navigation can provide lane assist, 3D street view, landmark display, turn-by-turn direction and voice cues for you to find your way to a variety of locations. To pair with your enabled mobile phone via the wireless Bluetooth technology, you can also make and receive hands-free calls and enjoy music streaming on all the trips.
This car stereo can also function as an amazing DVD player to support HD 1080P video and a wide range of multimedia formats like DVD/DIVX/MP4/MP3/MP2/VCD etc. Just take this wonderful Mercedes Benz GL Class X164 car stereo right now and enjoy a totally exciting experience driving!