Installing a new car stereo in your car not only retrofits the interior environment but also take the driving experience to next level. Therefore, more and more car owners would like to replace their factory radio with a new one. Installing a new car stereo is actually not too complicated. If you own a 2006-2013 Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit and also have the same dashboard as the picture below, you can refer to this professional Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit installation instruction from Seicane.
Some tips before the installation:
1. Please disconnect the power before the installation.
2. Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
3. Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2006-2013 Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit installation guide
1.Pry out the air conditioner panel along gap with a lever.
2.Remove the air conditioner panel.
3.Remove two screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame with a screwdriver.
4.Pull the buckles down.
5.Carefully take the original CD player out of the dashboard.
6.Disconnect the ISO plug of the car in the socket of the original car radio.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane head unit.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane head unit.
9. Connect the Seicane head unit to your original car radio ‘s plugs.
10. Put the new Seicane head unit back into the dash.
11. Put the buckles back into its original place.
12. Install two screws and the air conditioner panel.
13. Turn on the new Seicane head unit and have a comprehensive test if everything works well.
Wish the above installation guide for the 2006-2013 Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit can be helpful for you. If you have any question, please seek help from your dealer. If you don’t have any experience on the installation, you can go to a head unit upgrade center or ask a professional for help.
Before the installation, you also need to make sure you have a correct head unit for your car. If you have no idea about this, please check out this intelligent 2006-2013 Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit from Seicane to help you. Here’s the link:
This top Mercedes Benz R Class W251 head unit is built with a powerful RK3188 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 Quad-core CPU, now you can replace the factory radio with better performance to upgrade your factory radio. It comes with a worldwide real-time GPS navigation system for you find your way to your desired destination. The bluetooth technology is ideal for you to pair your mobile phone for hands-free calls and music streaming for enjoyment on all trips. Wish you have a wonderful time with it. Good luck!