If you have a VW Sharan with the original car radio which you want to upgrade, this text may help you in a way. As you see, here’s a picture of the original VW Sharan radio. You have to remove the trim panel first so that you can take out the old radio and install a new one in the dash. There are four parts of the trim panel that you need to dismantle, the trim panel above the radio, the rectangle trim panel covering the radio, the white strip under the radio and the trim panel covering the control buttons. You should dismantle the control buttons, too.
The removal of the VW Sharan radio may cost you more time than the installation of a new unit. You should do it carefully to protect the trim panel and the dashboard during upgrade.
The followings are the upgrade steps of a VW Sharan radio for your reference.
- Remove the trim panel covering the control buttons. Use a lever to pry the gaps between the trim panel and the dashboard and take the trim panel off the car. After this, you can see two screws which are fixing the control buttons. Remove them and take the control buttons off the dashboard.
- Remove the white strip under the radio. After step1, you will see a screw which is fixing the strip. Unscrew it and put it away. Then, pull the white strip out of the dashboard.
- Remove the trim panel above the radio. Open the cover at the top of the dashboard and you can see two screws in the box. Remove them and use a lever to pry the box. After several times prying, take the box out of the dash. Then, you can see another two screws which are fixing the radio from the top. Remove them and keep them in a box.
- Remove the rectangle trim panel covering the radio. Use a lever to pry the trim panel around the radio to loosen it. Then, take it off the car and put it away. You can see four screws on the radio. Remove them and take the radio out of the dash by disconnecting the wires at the back of it.
- Install the new unit. You should refer to the wires diagram from the dealer and connect the new unit to the original wiring harness. You should install the antennas correctly so that those functions which work with antennas can work well.
- Test the new unit. After wires connection, test all the functions in the new unit to see if it is compatible with your car. If you meet any problems, please contact the dealer for help. If everything’s good, please install the trim panel back to its original place in order.
Wish the information could help you. If you are still looking for a new unit for your car, there’s a multifunction GPS DVD stereo for your choice. It fits 2010 2011 VW Sharan. And, it’s on discount now. Check it out: http://www.seicane.com/2010-2011-vw-volkswagen-sharan-dual-core-pure-android-4-2-radio-bluetooth-nav-system-dvd-gps-wifi-3g-mirror-link-obd2-aux-usb-sd-k8405
This aftermarket OEM GPS DVD stereo has 8 inch 800×480 HD multi-touch digital capacitive LCD screen which supports 1080P HD video. It supports 5 points touch operation for zooming in and out pictures and controlling game characters’ movement etc.
It supports online navigation and 3D maps; it supports phone book downloading and music play from phones; it supports media files from external devices by USB port and SD card slot.
It also supports OBD II car diagnostic system to monitor your car. It’s great and on discount now. Check out the following video and get it now.