The original car stereo has brought you lots of fun in the past. However, you may find that it cannot fulfill your needs any more. The old head unit may only support radio and CD function. But, a new touch screen GPS DVD player can do more than that. If you are considering upgrading your Jeep Wrangler radio to a new multifunction stereo, you can purchase a new unit on the Internet and install it in your car yourself or in a car stereo upgrade center. If you install it yourself, make sure you know the upgrade steps clearly and can do it well.
Before the upgrade, please disconnect the negative cable on the vehicle battery to ensure security. Please prepare tools for the upgrade, too.
Here are replacement steps for a Jeep Wrangler radio from 2003 to 2006 for your reference.
- Use a lever to pry the trim panel as the picture 1 shows. This panel is long. So, you should pry it from the edge to the middle. Then, take it off the dashboard.
- Unscrew the screws. After removing the long panel, you will see two screws on the top of the dashboard which are fixing the trim panel. Unscrew them and keep them in a box.
- Remove the trim panel. Use your hands to hold the trim panel and loosen it form the dashboard gently. Then, put it aside.
- Remove the radio. There are four screws which are holding the radio. Remove them and put them away. If you find that it’s difficult to take the radio out of the dash, you can refer to picture 5 and picture 6. First, remove the glove box. Then, remove the screws at the top of the dashboard. These are for easy reaching the wires at the back of the radio. You can disconnect some wires so that the radio can be easy taken out of the dash. At last, disconnect all the wires at the back of the radio and put it aside.
- Install the new unit. The installations would be different for different units. The basic step would be connecting the new unit to the original wiring harness and slide it into the dash. Then, you can turn on the new unit to test all the functions in it. If everything works well, you can install the trim panel back to its original place.
Wish the upgrade instruction can help. If you meet different situations, please contact the dealer for help.
If you are still looking for a new unit for your car, there’s a multifunction GPS DVD stereo for your choice. It fits Jeep Wrangler from 2003 to 2006. And, it’s on discount now. Check it out: http://www.seicane.com/cheap-2002-2003-2004-2007-jeep-wrangler-liberty-in-dash-radio-gps-sat-nav-stereo-cd-dvd-player-tv-bluetooth-backup-camera-usb-sd-mp3-mp5-ipod-aux-mp3-t6096
|Screen size||7 inch|
|Car logo changing||Changeable|
This Jeep Wrangler radio has Wince 6.0 operation system and 1 GB RAM. There are several OSD languages in it, such as, English, Russia, French, Hindi, Hebrew, Spain, Turkish, Thai, Portugal, Arabic etc.
It has worldwide GPS system for 3D navigation maps with voice cues, distance information, POIs, road planning and so on. You can set routes and go to wherever you want.
Its DVD player supports 1080p videos and format DVD±R, DVD±RW, CD-R/RW, VCD, HDVD, DVCD, DIVX etc.
It supports radio RDS, TA, AF, ST and 30 stations preset for AM/FM. You can select channels manually or automatically.
It also supports Bluetooth hand free, USB and SD card music/video/photo, IPod music, rearview camera and so on. You are welcome to know more about it and get discount on: http://www.seicane.com/cheap-2002-2003-2004-2007-jeep-wrangler-liberty-in-dash-radio-gps-sat-nav-stereo-cd-dvd-player-tv-bluetooth-backup-camera-usb-sd-mp3-mp5-ipod-aux-mp3-t6096